Anxiety is a normal emotion that affects the mental health disorder characterized by stress and worry.
Everyone feels anxious now and then, which is understandable. Occasional anxiety is OK. But anxiety disorders are different. They are a group of mental illnesses that cause constant and overwhelming anxiety and fear.
Anxiety is strong enough to interfere with one’s daily life activities. But with treatment, many people with anxiety disorders can manage their feelings.
Types of Anxiety Disorders.
There are several types of Anxiety Disorders, such as General anxiety disorder, Social anxiety disorder, Separation anxiety, Panic disorder, Specific phobias, Agoraphobia, Post-traumatic disorder, Selective mutism, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, and Medication-induced anxiety disorder.
Anxiety Disorder Symptoms.
Anxiety disorder symptoms include panic attacks and too much stress, making the person unable to set aside worry and restlessness. They may also suffer from lack of concentration, unwanted thoughts, fear, sleep problems, shortness of breath, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue or sweating, insomnia, nausea, tense muscles, hyperventilation, palpitations, or trembling.
Causes of Anxiety Disorder.
There are many causes of anxiety disorders: genetics, environmental stress, medical condition, trauma, childhood sexual abuse, negative life events, substance abuse, low self-esteem, or being shy as a child.
Anxiety Disorder Diagnosis and Treatments.
Anxiety treatments mostly consist of therapy which includes counseling or medication provided by Milwaukee Behavioral health. Your doctor will examine your medical history, and if they don’t find any other health condition being the cause of anxiety, they may send you to a psychiatrist or psychologist. It’s important to let your doctor or counselor know if your anxiety makes it hard to enjoy or complete everyday tasks at home, work, or school.
There are many treatments to reduce or manage symptoms of Anxiety disorder. The treatments of an anxiety disorder include:
● Several types of drugs are used to treat anxiety disorders, such as Antidepressants, Bupropion, Other Antidepressants, Benzodiazepines, Beta-blockers, Anticonvulsants, Antipsychotics, Buspirone. Please consult your doctor or psychiatrist about the pros and cons of the medicine before taking it.
● Psychotherapy is a type of counseling that helps you learn how your emotions affect your behavior. It’s also called talk therapy. A trained mental health specialist listens and talks to you about your thoughts and feelings and suggests ways to understand and manage them and your anxiety disorder. The common therapy used by the psychologist is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ( CBT ).
Managing Anxiety Disorder Symptoms.
● Learn about your disorder.
● Stick to your treatment plan.
● Cut down on foods and drinks that have caffeine.
● Don’t use alcohol and drugs.
● Eat right and exercise.
● Get better sleep.
● Learn to relax.
● Keep a journal.
● Manage your negative thoughts.
● Get together with friends.
● Seek support.
● Always ask your doctor before taking any other medications or remedies, as many have chemicals that can make anxiety symptoms worse.
It can be challenging and frustrating to live with anxiety disorder. The constant worry and fear make the person tired and scared. The first step towards letting that worry go is to consult a doctor or counselor about your symptoms, and Milwaukee Behavioral health service is always there to help those in need. It can take some time to find the right treatment that works for you, but you can learn how to manage and overcome your anxiety with proper care and treatment.